- process dumped frames x 32
- once each for left, right and straight directions
- stitch processed frames together as sprite-sheets x 3
- we end up with three long images
- stitch 3x sprite-sheets together
- we end up with our final image ready for post-processing
Edit, August 2020: since writing this post I’ve been able to condense this process into 1 single workflow that executes much faster. See image 4. Thanks to Gus, maker of Retrobatch!
Edit, June 2021: I replaced my all uses of Retrobatch with imagemagick commands.